About the Victorian Solar Homes Package
Solar Panel Rebate
Eligible households can claim a rebate up to $2,225 on the cost of a solar panel (PV) system or install a solar battery to complement an existing solar PV system, by providing a half-price discount up to $4,838.
From July 2019, Victorians will be able to install an eligible 4kW solar panel system for half price and pay the rest of the cost back over four years with an interest-free loan.
This ten-year Program includes:
• $850M for solar panels on 700,000 homes, including 50,000 renters*
• $40M to support the purchase of batteries for 10,000 homes*
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Program (i.e. a household that accesses a solar hot water rebate cannot claim a solar PV rebate). Rebates are available for systems installed from 19 August 2018.
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate under the Solar Homes Package if the applicant:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property,
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment),
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million,
- does not already have a solar panel system installed on their property,
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product (for solar panels) and uses a CEC Accredited Installer,
- *Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes Package, that is a household that accesses a solar hot water rebate cannot claim a solar PV rebate.
Other conditions may apply.
Solar Battery Rebate
From July 2019, there will be 1,000 rebates of up to $4,838 for a solar battery system.
These rebates will be available to people in designated suburbs who have already installed solar panels but have not already accessed a solar rebate. Last year, we promised that the battery program will be available in growth areas where there are already a large number of homes with solar panels.
The criteria for Victorian households are eligible to receive a battery rebate under the Program if the property:
• Must be a growth suburb
• At least 10 per cent of homes in the suburb must have solar panels
• Must have live in an area where the electricity grid can cope with the additional power the battery will provide
3048, 3038, 3059, 3064, 3106, 3753, 3754, 3212, 3217, 3218, 3225, 3228,
3024, 3351, 3377, 3467, 3936, 3939, 3941, 3942, 3943, 3944, 3977, 3978
Victorian households are eligible to receive a battery rebate under the Program if the property:
- The owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment),
- It is an existing property, valued at under $3 million,
- Already has solar panels (PV) installed
- Sits within a targeted growth area, as identified by Solar Victoria, and
- Batteries installed prior to 1 July 2019 are not eligible for a rebate.
Why Solar Link Australia is your best choice for advice on the Solar Homes Package
Solar Link Australia is a Market Leader in Solar Photo Voltaic Supply and Installation. (EST 2010). Our team is committed to making renewable energy a major part of Australia’s energy base. Our solar energy solutions are guaranteed to deliver significant financial saving to both a Suburban Residential Solar Installation or a Large Scale Solar Commercial Installation, whilst at the same time assisting in reducing your carbon footprint.
Solar Link Australia, specialists in Solar PV Solutions offer a comprehensive range of Tier 1 Solar PV Bands. We have installed 10,000’s of PV Modules throughout the country assisting thousands of families to reduce their bills.